Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gooooooood Morning Quilters!

A happy Monday to you all!  Boy, that makes us sound all chipper and happy doesn't it?  This is the first week of our new hours so be sure to make note of them on our website/facebook page.

I know, I kind of blew it this time.  You all probably came out here on Monday looking for a new post and found - Nothing.  Well, at least nothing new.

This week we are really giving Gertie a work out!  If you're not familiar with her, she is the older long arm in the shop that most folks are afraid to use because she doesn't have a stitch regulator.  She seems to be pretty happy though and it's nice that she is still in good working order!  Of course it does take a little time for her to warm up, but at least she is still up to the challenge.

Today I'll be embarking on t-shirt quilts.  Why you ask? Well, it is one of the services we offer and it would be nice to have some samples of non-traditional t-shirt quilts.  I happen to have cleared out my (and my husband's) t-shirt "collection" so I have plenty to work with!  Today I'll be working on sorting those shirts into categories (we have some Greek and my husband has some concert) and snipping the sides open so I can easier press stabilizer onto the areas that will be used in the quilts.

Do you have lots of t-shirts from running marathons or left over from college?  A quilt is a great way to save them and still get some use out of them.  If you are not into making t-shirt quilts drop by and see how we can do that for you!

Well, considering I have a Rubbermaid tub of shirts awaiting me, I should get to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment