Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I know....

I know, I spend a lot of time talking about how fast time goes by....today is no exception.  Why?  Well, I looked at the calendar today and realized that Thanksgiving is next week!  Can you believe it?  I know I can't.  Because then the next think you know it's going to be Christmas and I still have so much stuff to make!  Do you have a long list of gifts that you make for Christmas?  It seems like my list gets longer and longer each year.  I have always tried to "mass produce" one item that can be used as a gift for everyone.  That has kind of fallen by the wayside.  I've done table runners and angel wall hangings and chenille snow dog wall hangings and crocheted scarves.  Now it is to the point where I don't like to do such mass production because I get bored.  After all it's mainly the same color scheme and the same blocks and the same finished project and there is less joy in making 12 of something than there is in making one or two of something.  I guess that has to do with keeping it fresh.  Now that it is November I am faced with finishing an afghan (or perhaps restarting it with some different yarn....haven't made up my mind on that just yet) and quilting up a table runner with some matching place mats.  I know, that's not very much at all.  And you are right, it really isn't.  However, it means that I haven't begun to use my creative juices to come up with other projects that will fill in any other gaps for gifts.

So, what do you have going on?  Are you a maker or a buyer of gifts?  Be sure to be specific as I'm looking for ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment