Monday, October 22, 2012

UFO's always seem to take over.

Happy Monday and boy is it a dreary one out there today! Looks like a great day to curling up with a good book and a hot cup of tea.  Or perhaps a hot cup of tea a good movie and a fun sewing project.  Perhaps a UFO that needs finishing?  If you are anything like us, I'm sure you have plenty of those!  I know my list has gotten pretty lengthy as far as UFO's that I would like to see finished.  I'm not sure how far I'll get before the end of the year though.  We will just have to see how that goes.  Currently I'm working on finishing some pajamas for my son that I had started over the summer.  I only have to put in the elastic for the waistband on the pants.  That's it.  I've gotten 3 pairs finished now and have 2 more to go.  But I also made shorts as well as long pants so I will still need to finish the shorts so he will have them for this spring.  I know I have plenty of time, but I'm on a bit of a roll so I should probably just get them finished and put away. 

Sometimes UFO's confuse me.  I know that when they became UFO's one of two things happened.  I ran out of time to get the project completed and moved on to something else, or I had some trouble along the way and got frustrated and quit before I did something silly.  Sometimes when I pick those projects up now I wonder what was so frustrating about that project that I put it to the side.  Other projects I can pick up and see right away where my frustration came to play.  Those I usually put away again to percolate some more unless I am feeling in need of a challenge.  Believe me, most days are challenging enough that I usually just put them away again for a later day.  Do you work the same way?  Do you have UFO's stashed around where you just got stuck?  If you need some help with them, stop in some time!  We love show and tell and you never know if a different perspective will help get you ready to work on that project again.  Who knows, maybe I'll bring out my trickiest projects and see what someone else has to say about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment